Length of course: 1, 2 or 3 days
Boards: All Boards
The core topics of the GCSE Economics syllabus will be covered with the extensive use of past examination papers.
The core topics are as follows:
Unit 1: How the Market Works.
- What is the economic problem?
- What are competitive markets?
- How do firms operate in competitive markets?
Unit 2: How the Economy Works.
- What are the economic objectives of a government?
- How does the UK government raise and spend its money?
- Which policies can the UK government use?
Unit 3: The UK Economy and Globalisation.
- Why do countries trade?
- Why is the UK in the European Union?
- How is the UK's international trade recorded?
- How important is the value of a currency?
- How does a country become competitive?
- Why do some less developed countries struggle to achieve growth and benefit from international trade?
- What measures may be used to support growth for less developed countries?